Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I use New Analytics?
Use New Analytics to keep track of students online activity, course participation and grade analytics.
New Analytics Overview
New Analytics Overview from Instructure Canvas Community on Vimeo.
- Canvas guide: How do I compare the course average chart graph with an assignment, section, or student filter?
- Canvas guide: How do I view weekly online activity analytics in an interactive chart graph?
- Canvas guide: How do I view analytics for an individual student?
- Canvas guide: How do I message all students based on specific course criteria?
- Canvas guide: How do I send a message to an individual student based on specific course participation criteria?
- Canvas guide: How do I view and download reports? - includes a report for roster names and emails
Tips & Tricks
- Data is refreshed every 24 hours. You can verify the last refreshed date at the top of the New Analytics page.
- Use New Analytics to message students based on scoring, missing or late assignments.
- If you have multiple sections combined, you can filter and compare by sections.
- New Analytics list of guides
24/7/365 Canvas Support is available through the help icon in Canvas, by calling the phone support for faculty, staff and students or email us directly at email@example.com.