Topics Map > Client Services
Topics Map > Networking & System Admin
Cisco AMP for Endpoints Connector
Information about the the antivirus software called Cisco AMP for Endpoints Connector.
What is Cisco AMP for Endpoints Connector?
- Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Endpoints offers cloud-delivered next-generation antivirus and advanced endpoint detection and response. In other words, AMP is a tool which prevents malware from affecting your e-mail or data.
- Malware is software which is designed with a malicious intent to penetrate and damage your computing or mobile device without your consent or knowledge. Malware can be viruses, spyware, worms, trojans, or rootkits.
- UWL faculty, staff and other campus computers are configured to use Cisco AMP virus protection software.
- Running your own virus scans is as simple as opening up Cisco AMP and selecting Scan or Scan Now.
If you want to learn more about Cisco AMP, and see a basic informational video click here. For those interested in the Talos Intelligence - Cisco’s Security Threat Intelligence Organization, click here.
More Security Information:
- UWL Data Security & Policies: https://www.uwlax.edu/its/data-security-and-policies/
- Antivirus/Malware Information: https://www.uwlax.edu/its/client-services-and-support/antivirus-malware-information/
Have more questions about Cisco AMP? Then please contact the Eagle Help Desk.