Cisco Jabber - How to Transfer Calls
Information about how to transfer an active call using Cisco Jabber.
How do I transfer a call?
*Note: You first must be in an active call in order to transfer a call to someone else.
*The photo examples below are screenshots from the Cisco Jabber application for Mac OS.
1. From the Cisco Jabber application active call window, click More … at the bottom of the window.
2. From the menu, select Transfer. This puts the caller on hold.
3. Type in the phone number of the person you would like to transfer the call to. For on campus calls or for calling UWL office phone numbers, you can use 4-digit extension numbers or search for the employee's name.
4. Click the phone icon/call button to the right of the number or name.
*Note: You may also need to select the phone number or extension number after clicking on the phone icon/call button.
5. To complete the transfer either:
- Click Transfer to complete the transaction and end your connection to the call.
- Wait for the person to pick the call and introduce call while the caller is on hold. Click Transfer to complete the transaction and end your connection to the call.
How do I cancel a transfer that I already started?
1. From the active call window, while your caller is on hold, click the end call button / red telephone button at the bottom of the window.
2. Click Resume to go back to the original caller.