Remote Computer Access
This KB describes how to connect to a remote computer similar to what you would find in a computer classroom or at Murphy Library. This allows access to software like Adobe Creative Cloud, Tableau and OriginLab that are not available using the Virtual Desktop.
Step 1: Connect to the Cisco AnyConnect VPN
- Microsoft Remote Desktop is already installed. No additional software is required.
- Download and install Microsoft Remote Desktop from the mac App Store
- Download and install Microsoft Remote Desktop from the App Store
- Download and install Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Google Play Store
Select an available computer using the button above.
1. Click the Connect button. A connect window will pop-up. Click the Download button.
2. Open the file that was downloaded. You may be prompted with a security warning. Click Continue.
3. When asked for your credentials, click more choices, and then click Use a different account. (You will not need to click more choices on Mac)
4. In the user name field, type EAGLE\ followed by your NetID (For example, EAGLE\jjones100), and then type your password in the next field.
5. You will be prompted with another security warning. Click Yes. (Click Continue on Mac).IMPORTANT: When you connect to a computer, it will download a connection file. This connection file is to a random computer and should not be used again. Once you have finished your remote connection, please delete the file from your Downloads. Using the same file over and over will not allow you to connect if another student is already using that computer remotely.