[COVID-19] HR employee FAQ - Out of state taxation for employees working at home

This guidance provides information on the employee's tax situation when they work for a Wisconsin employer, but may work in another state due to the pandemic.

Anyone that does not work in the State of Wisconsin and changes their work location should file an amended W-4 with their payroll coordinator at their campus.

Minnesota Residents 
For the employees that are now working remotely, they should file an MN W-4 with their campus.  Once the first paper copy/adjustment has been received by the payroll coordinator, the tax form may be updated in the Employee Self Service (ESS) on the MyUW Portal point forward.  Upon returning to work on campus, the employee will need to change back to the Wisconsin Tax Obligations.  

Send us your forms securely.

Revision history:
Last revision was July 19, 2020

Supporting tools:

Links to related information:

Keywords:#covid-19, #covid   Doc ID:104133
Owner:John A.Group:UW-La Crosse
Created:2020-07-20 07:07 CSTUpdated:2020-07-22 08:56 CST
Sites:UW-La Crosse
Feedback:  0   0