HR employee resources - Overloads for UW System Institution faculty and academic staff
This resource provides information on UW System faculty and academic staff overload payments
You are viewing additional payment policies for UW System Institution Faculty and Academic Staff. Use the following links for:
- Full Time UWL Faculty and Academic Staff
- Part-Time UWL Faculty and Academic Staff
- UW System Faculty and Academic Staff
- For new or former employees of UWL
- University Staff
- Graduate or Teaching Assistants
- Student Workers
Overload payments made to full-time employees of other UW System institutions require the UWL overload form as well as additional documentation.
- Contact HR to confirm employee is full-time at other campus and to get employee ID number.
- Complete UWL overload form and send advance copy to HR (HR needs to contact employee about form I-9 requirement)
- If payment is $1000 or more, an inter-institutional overload payment form (IIOA) is also required.
- More information about inter-institutional payments can be found on this document.
- Overload and summer payment form: https://www.uwlax.edu/globalassets/offices-services/human-resources/overloadlumpform.pdf
- Inter-institutional overload form: https://www.wisconsin.edu/uw-policies/download/related_documents/312/Attachment-B.pdf
- Lump sum payment form: https://www.uwlax.edu/globalassets/offices-services/human-resources/lump-sum-payment-request-form.pdf
- Employee Action Form: https://www.uwlax.edu/globalassets/offices-services/human-resources/eaf.docx
- UW-La Crosse Overload Policy: https://www.uwlax.edu/globalassets/offices-services/human-resources/overloadpaymentsforfacultyacademicstaffpolicy.pdf
- UW-La Crosse Payroll Policies: https://kb.uwlax.edu/103691
- UW System Administrative Policy Overload Payments and Temporary Base Adjustments for Faculty, Academic Staff, and Limited Appointees: https://www.uwlax.edu/globalassets/offices-services/human-resources/overload-administrative-policy--final---4-25-14.pdf
- UW System Administrative Policy 230 Salary & Fringe Benefit Calculations: https://www.wisconsin.edu/uw-policies/uw-system-administrative-policies/salary-fringe-benefit-calculations/
- UW System Administrative Policy 324 Inter-Institutional Financial Transactions: https://www.wisconsin.edu/uw-policies/uw-system-administrative-policies/inter-institutional-financial-transactions/
- UW System Inter-Institutional Campus Contacts: https://www.wisconsin.edu/uw-policies/uw-system-administrative-policies/inter-institutional-financial-transactions/