HR employee resources - Overloads for part-time faculty and academic staff

This resource provides information on part-time faculty and academic staff overload payments

You are viewing additional payment policies for part-time Faculty and Academic Staff.  Use the following links for: 

When paying an employee* who has an FTE lower than 100%, it is our obligation to pay for additional duties by adding FTE rather than by lump sum payment. It is generally permissible to pay a lump sum payment when the duration of the assignment is less than one month, longer term assignments should be made using a salary and FTE. In some cases, an hourly academic staff appointment may be appropriate. HR can help determine the appropriate payment type and should be consulted to approve lump sum payments to part-time employee.

In any case, an employee action form (EAF) is needed.

Employee action form

If a lump sum payment is approved, lump sum payment form in addition to the EAF.

Lump sum payment request form

*this applies to part-time UWL employees as well part-time employees of other UW System institutions

Keywordsfaculty and academic staff, overload, additional payments   Doc ID104305
OwnerCarri O.GroupUW-La Crosse
Created2020-07-23 19:16 CSTUpdated2020-07-24 06:33 CST
SitesUW-La Crosse
Feedback  0   0