Topics Map > Client Services
Topics Map > ATS
Mediasite (Captioning) - Adding and Editing Captions
Mediasite provides an automatic captioning system for uploaded videos. If you are the video owner or you have been added as a co-editor for the video, then you also can edit captions manually. This guide will provide the procedure for doing so.
Requesting Machine Captions
Here is how you request machine-generated captions for your videos:
- Training Video: How to Add Captions Using Mediasite (MyMedia)
1) Go to mymedia.uwlax.edu – your My Mediasite home page
2) Find the video you wish to caption and click on its title.
3) Click on Edit Details in the right column. Then under the video image click on Delivery.
4) Check Audio Transcriptions and then Choose a Provider for Captioning.
5) In the Select a Captioning Profile box select *Automatic Captions and click Save.
Editing Machine Captions
Machine-generated captions often require manual cleanup before the quality is high enough to meet accessibility standards. Here is how you edit your videos' machine-generated captions:
1) Select your captioned video and in the right column find Edit Captions.
2) The Edit Captions screen opens. Edit the captions as necessary. Then click Save in the upper right corner.
3) Once processed the CC icon will appear on your video.