Office 365 - Microsoft Teams - Breakout Rooms
Information about how to create breakout rooms within Microsoft Teams.
Use breakout rooms to break students into small groups during class meetings. You can open and close rooms more than once during a session or move participants between rooms. Only meeting organizers using the desktop versions of Teams (Windows or Mac) can create and manage breakout rooms.
*Notes (from "Create and manage breakout rooms during class meetings":
- Organizing a meeting with breakout rooms is currently only available in the Teams for Education desktop app for Windows or Mac. Make sure you have updated to the latest version.
- Participants can join breakout rooms from Windows, Mac, mobile, or web browsers including Edge, Chrome, and others. On mobile, check to see that you have the minimum build required to run this feature by tapping Settings > About. Learn how to update to the latest version.
- Minimum desktop app version (Windows or Mac): 1.3.00.24755
- Minimum iOS build: 220.127.116.110100603
- Minimum Android build: 18.104.22.1680091301
Check out the link from Microsoft Support below for information about how to create breakout rooms within Microsoft Teams: (Teams for Education):
How to create breakout rooms within Teams Channels (work-around or if you currently do not have Teams for Education):
Microsoft Support YouTube Vide:
Microsoft Tech Community Blog: