Topics Map > Budget Office
Cost Transfer Tool - Creating Cost Transfers from WISER
This article outlines the steps for starting a cost transfer in the Cost Transfer Tool from WISER.
A transfer can be initiated right from WISER. The transaction is loaded into Cost Transfer Tool using the basic metadata from WISER. This allows users to initiate a transfer when they see the need in the system where they are examining data from rather than looking in WISER and then repeating the same search in Cost Transfer Tool. This works for Salary Cost Transfers and Non-Salary Cost Transfers.
1. First, log into WISER https://wiser.wisc.edu/.
2. Find expenses to be transferred using either the "Find Departments" page or the "Find Detailed Transactions" page:
3. If using the "Find Detailed Transactions" page, enter criteria to search for and click "Search"
4. When the search results are presented, there will be a magnifying glass in the far right column that can be clicked to initiate a cost transfer:
5. This will bring up the option to create a transfer from the transaction in the Cost Transfer Tool:
6. If using the department page, use the tree to find the department or UDDS account that you're looking for:
7. Once at the department page, drill into detail in the actuals column by clicking on a link in that column:
8. Once drilled down, scroll all the way to the right to find the magnifying glass:
9. Clicking this icon will give you the option of sending the expense to the Cost Transfer Tool to initiate a transfer: