Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I add Linkedin Learning to a course?
Linkedin Learning content can be shared in Canvas by copying a share link from Linkedin Learning and adding to your Canvas course in a module, or through the Rich Content Editor on pages, assignments, discussions, etc. After logging into LinkedIn Learning with your UWL credentials, the content, videos, and collections can be shared with students, faculty, and staff who have also logged in with their UWL credentials.
Share link from Linkedin Learning
Add link in Canvas
Add using the Rich Content Editor (RCE)
- To add the link using the RCE, edit the item (page, assignment, discussion, etc.) you want to add it to.
- Select Insert > External Links.
- You will then paste the URL you copied from Linkedin Learning and add text for students to select on the page (write short, descriptive link text that helps provide context).
- Select done.
- Make any other additional changes to the content.
Add directly in a Module
- If you are going to add the copied linked directly to a module, select the + at the top of the Module.
- Add External URL to module name.
- After you paste the link in the URL section, make sure add a page name (write short, descriptive link text that helps provide context).
- Check Load in a new tab. If this is unchecked the link will still work, but students will have another click to get to the content.
- Select Add Item.
Additional step-by-step directions with images can be found in the guides below.