Running the Expected Job End Date (EJED) Query in HRS
OverviewThis report should be run on a monthly basis or as needed to look at employees with future dated Expected Job End Dates (EJEDs). If an employee's EJED is accurate, no action is required. If an employee’s Job has been approved for extension, then that information will need to be entered into HRS. The query can be run by Department, Division, and Campus staff that have access to Query Viewer.
- The UW_HR_EXPECTED_JOB_END_DATE query can be run at any time. This allows ample time for institutions to review the EJEDs and make any necessary adjustments to prevent early termination of employees.
- In addition, there is also the UWHRR019 Daily EJED Termination Report that is delivered via Cypress.
- An employee's Continuity Code determines whether an EJED is required, optional, or not allowed; for additional information, see Continuity Status in HRS.
- See Maintaining the Expected Job End Date in HRS for steps to change the Expected Job End Date.
- At least one of the following security roles is needed to run this query:
- UW_UNV_TL Camp Div PY Admin
- UW_UNV_TL Non Supervisor
- UW_UNV_TL Supervisor
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
- HRS Navigation: Reporting Tools > Query > Query Viewer.
- Enter the Query Name, UW_HR_EXPECTED_JOB_END_DATE, in the blank box next to "Query Name begins with."
- Click Search.
- Click HTML link to view results in your browser, or Excel link to generate an Excel spreadsheet.
- Enter report parameters:
- Business Unit - Required; click magnifying glass to select from valid values
- As of Date - Required; enter a date in the future; selects employees with an EJED that is on or before the date you enter
- Department - Required; enter a full Dept ID or enter a partial Dept ID followed by the percent sign as a wildcard; example B06%
- Empl Class - Required; enter the full Empl Class code (i.e., AS, FA, SA1), the % sign for all values, or partial Empl Class, i.e., SA% for SA1, SA2.