New Charter SpectrumU TV App
Watch Cable TV on Your Mobile Device
Residence Life, in collaboration with ITS and Charter SpectrumTV, are providing a new pilot program offering free TV anywhere on campus from a mobile app called SpectrumU TV. This free app can be downloaded through the Apple App Store, Google Play, or Amazon Apps. Click on each link below to download your app to your iOS or Android mobile devices.
UW La Crosse is one of 4 U.S. campuses chosen to test this pilot application called SpectrumU TV. This free application is available to be downloaded and tested. The application will provide over 50 channels from networks such as AMC, Comedy Channel, CNN, TBS, MTV, and TNT to your mobile device. Channels will be added throughout this pilot program. As you try SpectrumU remember this is a beta program and some features may be in the "debugging stage" so you could see some minor disruption in your quality of service [QoS]. SpectrumU TV will continue to be improved and enhanced throughout this trial period. Your input will be extremely helpful.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- You must be a UWL student or staff member.
- You must be on the UWL wireless network UWL-Eagle to access the TV programming.
- This app will not work on cellular data service.
- SpectrumU TV will only work on mobile devices, not computers.
- You must download the application before using it.
- More features will be added as the campus navigates the application.
- You may be surveyed to find out how you like SpectrumU TV.
WHO DO I CONTACT FOR HELP?At times, you may not know exactly what the problem is, but this guide should help solve your issue. If you are having trouble with your TV or the cable programming you are watching, you should contact Residence Life directly or create a Web Help Desk ticket. If you are having problems with your SpectrumU TV app, first check the following:
- Are you on campus?
- Are you connected to the proper UWL wireless network-UWL-Eagle?
- Are you certain you are not using cellular data service?
- Are you using a mobile device and not a computer?
- Did you close the app and re-open it?
If you are still having problems with the SpectrumU TV app, create a Web Help Desk ticket.
More information will be provided throughout the school year. We hope you enjoy this experience. Your feedback is essential to our success.