Duo - One-Time Passcode or Bypass Code
How to obtain a one-time passcode for Duo.
Did you forgot your Duo authentication device (fob or phone) at home or is your Duo authentication device not working currently? Don't worry, you can obtain a one-time passcode or a bypass code without it. There are two options in which you can do this.
Option #1: One-Time Passcode
If you have access to your Text Enabled Phone or Non-University Email and/or have this contact information updated in your MyUW System (HR) portal under Personal Details. If you need assistance updating this contact information, then please contact Human Resources for further assistance.
1. Go to the password reset page at https://www.uwlax.edu/info/password-reset/.
2. Click on Duo Device.
3. Get through the "I'm not a robot" page by doing what is prompted and click Next.
4. Log in using your NetID and password.
5. Click on One-time passcode.
6. Select either Non-University Email or Text Enabled Phone to send your self a one-time passcode and click Send.
7. Your one-time passcode has been successfully sent if you see the message "Your bypass code has been sent!" on the next page.
8. Once this one-time passcode has been received, then you can enter it into the Enter a Passcode option when prompted by Duo when logging into your account.
*Note: This passcode that was sent to you will only work once. If you need a new one, then you'll have to go through this process again.
Option #2: Bypass Code
If Option #1 does not work or you are unable to send yourself a one-time passcode to your Text Enabled Phone or Non-University Email.
- Call the Eagle Help Desk at (608) 785-8774 to obtain a bypass code.
- Enter that bypass code into the Enter a Passcode option when prompted by Duo while logging in your account.