Kaltura - Recording Video with Kaltura Capture
Kaltura is the video portal for instructors, students, and staff across the University of Wisconsin System. Instructors, students, and staff can use it to easily upload, store, stream, and share (or restrict) videos.
Kaltura's screen and video recording software is known as Kaltura Capture or "Kaltura Personal Capture."
Excellent guides to Kaltura Capture already exist:
- Kaltura: Record with Kaltura Capture (UW Eau Claire)
- Canvas: Kaltura Capture Screen Recorder (UW River Falls)
Kaltura also has a good introductory video: Personal Capture Walkthrough Video.
For users who are used to the previous product, Kaltura CaptureSpace, here are some of the major differences:
- Kaltura Personal Capture requires administrator rights to install on a PC or Mac.
- Kaltura Personal Capture does not support video editing. Users are expected to upload their recordings and edit them through Kaltura's My Media editing tools.
- Kaltura Personal Capture can record system audio
- Kaltura Personal Capture doesn't include screen annotation tools.