Google Account - Accessing Google Drive and Google Apps
How to access your UWL Google Drive and Google Apps.
*Important Note: UWL does not offer access to all of the Google Apps, like Gmail and Google Maps, so sign into your account to see what Google apps are available with your UWL Google account. See More Notes at the end of this KB article for more information about Gmail and Google Maps.
1. Go to https://www.uwlax.edu/.
2. Click on Faculty & staff found on the upper right side of the page and then click Google Drive under Quicklinks.
*Note: Or you can go to Google Drive directly at https://www.google.com/drive/.
3. Click on Go to Drive.
4. Enter in your full UWL email address (including the @uwlax.edu) and then click Next.
5. Enter in your password to your UWL account and then click Next.
6. Now you should have access to your Google account which includes Google Drive and Google apps. You can access Google apps like Docs, Sheets, Slides and so on by clicking on the squares found on the upper right side of the page.
- You will receive an error if you try to log in with your UWL account through gmail.com because you do not have access to Gmail with your UWL account. Please make sure to log in at https://www.google.com/drive/.
- You will not be able to access Google Maps while using your UWL Google account since Google Maps is not offered at UWL, so you will need to sign out of your UWL Google account first or use a different web browser or use a private web browser or clear your web browser's "all time" history, cache and cookies before trying to access Google Maps again.
7. Need more help? Contact the Eagle Help Desk.