Topics Map > Client Services
Topics Map > Networking & System Admin
VoIP - Cisco Voice Mail PIN Reset
How to change your office voice mail PIN number with the password reset page.
**Important Note: This is only for faculty/staff using office/VoIP phones.
2. Click on Password Management.
3. Check the "I'm not a robot" box, select the images if prompted, type in yes and then click Next.
4. Select Change Voice Mail PIN.
5. Enter in your NetId (without @uwlax.edu) and password. Then click Submit.
6. Type in a new voicemail PIN number and confirm it. Then click Submit.
7. Your voicemail PIN number has been successfully changed if you have received a message that "Your PIN number has been successfully changed" on the next page.
- If you receive an error at any point during this PIN number reset process, then please:
- Try again.
- Use a different web browser.
- Try resetting your PIN while using an incognito or a private window.
- Clear out your web browser's history, cache and cookies and try again.
- Reset your NetID password (if you receive an incorrect username and/or password error) and then try again.
- Verify that you have the correct office phone number assigned to you. If your office phone number has changed or you are new and have not been officially assigned an office phone number, then please see the information below.
- Have you recently moved offices and/or changed your office phone number and have not reported it to ITS yet? Then please check out this information here at https://www.uwlax.edu/its/network-telecom/voip/#tm-add-move-change or submit a ticket (I have a request > Phone (VOIP)) in order to report these phone changes. However, you will also need to reach out to Human Resources in order to update your business information as well (office room number, office phone number, title change, etc.).
- *Note: Usually Academic Department Associates or Business/Office Managers tend to report these phone number changes to ITS for their area or department employees, so you may need to reach out to them first in order to submit this kind of request.
- Related KB article: VoIP - Cisco VoIP Phone Quick Start Guide
Need more help? Contact the Eagle Help Desk.