Duo - Reactivate Duo Mobile on your Smartphone
Information about how to reactivate your Duo Mobile app on your smartphone by using the Duo Device Management Portal.
If you have switched to a new phone or see that your Duo account is no longer active within your Duo Mobile app or it says it needs to be reconnected, then you will need to reactivate your Duo Mobile app on your phone with the Duo Device Management Portal found on the password reset page by following the provided directions below:
New Phone or Same Phone with an Unchanged Phone Number
*Note: Re-adding your phone as a Duo device will work too. Refer to KB article Duo - Adding a Device.
1. Go to the password reset page at https://www.uwlax.edu/info/password-reset/ and select Duo Device.
2. Proceed through the I'm not a robot" page by doing what is prompted and click Next.
3. Enter in your NetID and current password. Then click Submit.
4. Select Manage my devices.
5. Click on Enter a Passcode .
6. Click on Text me new codes in the blue box.
7. Enter in the code that was sent to your phone via text message and click Log In.
*Note: If you have another Duo device that you are able to use to log into the Duo Device Management Portal, like a Duo fob, iPad or tablet, etc., then you can use that option instead to log in.
8. Select Device Options next to your phone number that you are trying to reactivate.
9. Select Reactivate Duo Mobile.
10. Verify Ownership of your mobile phone number by clicking on Text me.
11. Enter in the code that was texted to your phone into the box. Then click Verify and click Continue.
12. Select the type of phone you have and click Continue.
13. Download Duo Mobile app from your phone's app store and click on I have Duo Mobile installed.
14a. If you are reactivating your phone from a computer, then follow the steps to activate Duo Mobile with the barcode to complete your Duo Mobile reactivation.
- Open the Duo Mobile app on your phone.
- Tap + Add up on the right.
- Tap Use QR code to open up the QR code scanner.
- Scan the QR code displayed on your computer screen within the Duo Device Management Portal by holding up your phone camera to it.
- At this time you can rename the account and then tap Save.
- Now your Duo Mobile app should have reactivated, especially if you see UW-La Crosse listed under your Duo accounts and can see a passcode when you tap on it.
Or, you can select Email me an activation link instead if you are unable to scan the barcode.
14b. If you are reactivating your phone right from your phone, then select Take me to Duo Mobile instead and then click Take me to Duo Mobile to complete the reactivation. Or, you can also select Email me an activation link instead as the other option.
15. Your Duo Mobile app has been successfully reactivated when you have received a confirmation on your phone and/or if you are able to see UW-La Crosse (listed with codes when you tap on it) when you open up your Duo Mobile app on your phone.
New Phone with a New Phone Number
- Enrolling a new phone with a new phone number is the same process as adding any other Duo device. Please refer to the KB article Duo - Adding a Device to set up your new phone with a new phone number.
- However, you may need to send yourself a one-time passcode to your "text-enabled phone" or "non-university email" that is on file with UWL in order to log into the Duo Device Management Portal. Information on how to send yourself a one-time passcode can be found in the KB article Duo - One-Time Passcode or Bypass Code.
- *Note: Students can update or change their text-enabled phone and/or non-university email with Records and Registration while Faculty/Staff can update that same information with Human Resources.