Topics Map > Client Services
Topics Map > ATS
Topics Map > CATL
Video Conferencing – Lecture Capture and Distribution Options
Here are some video conference applications and options that are available at UWL.
UWL has three distinct video conferencing options. Let us help you decide which one to use:
- CMS – Cisco Jabber (Guest) -- integrates with existing distance learning classrooms and technology, connects with UWL VoIP Telephones and is available to users with no NetID (off-campus guests). It is available as a free app for both Apple and Android products. Training is available either face-to-face or virtually. Contact the Eagle Help Desk for assistance.
- Microsoft Teams -- is the hub for team collaboration in Office 365 that integrates the people, content, and tools your team needs to be more engaged and effective. Invite everyone you work with to chat, meet, call, and collaborate when working remotely.You can access Teams through your Office 365 account via the desktop or the web-based application. Information on how to access Teams online can be found in this KB article called "Office 365 - Accessing Office 365 Applications Online." For more support or help with teams, then please check out the KB article called "Office 365 - Microsoft Teams and Support."
- Zoom -- is an easy, reliable cloud platform for video, voice, content sharing, and chat runs across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems. You can log in using your UWL email address and current password in order to access your UWL Zoom account. For more information, check out: Zoom Support - FAQs.
Course lecture recording and delivery options:
- Kaltura -- (located in Canvas under MyMedia) is a cloud-based video hosting platform available to users with a UW-La Crosse NetID. Faculty, staff and students can record or upload media content to Kaltura MediaSpace, at which point it is automatically converted and optimized for distribution on the web. Captioning requests and caption editing is handled right in Kaltura. Media links and embed code are provided so that you can easily share your media. With Kaltura integrated in Canvas, adding content to your course or submitting for assignments is easy. KB articles are available for more information at https://kb.uwlax.edu/search.php?q=kaltura. Need more assistance? Contact either CATL or the Eagle Help Desk.
- MyMedia -- is a UWL-based video hosting platform available to the entire UW-La Crosse community using NetID. Many recording options are available, customizable course channels, free closed captioning through IBM Watson and simple archiving are among some of its features. MyMedia also can be used to allow lecture capture in nearly every teaching space on campus. Training is available face-to-face or virtually. Create your own account at mymedia.uwlax.edu and training videos are here. More information about MyMedia can be found on the ITS website at https://www.uwlax.edu/its/technology-for-teaching-and-learning/video-creation--sharing-mymedia/.
- Mediasite -- allows live streaming and recording in select classrooms and spaces on campus. It works together with MyMedia to provide a ubiquitous content creation and live streaming solution for UWL.
Extend your office telephone to your computer or smart phone:
- Cisco Jabber-- can be used on your laptop or you can download the Cisco Jabber app for Apple or Android from the app store.
- Check out the KB article called "Cisco Jabber - How to Use Jabber to Extend Your Office Phone."
*For more video conferencing information or training videos provided by UWL, please check out the KB article called "Video Conferencing - Collaboration - Voice Messaging Solutions"
*Need more information or help? Contact the Eagle Help Desk.