Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I enable Respondus Monitor?
For the remainder of Spring 2020, we have a pilot of Respondus Monitor enabled. LockDown Browser and Monitor only work with Classic Quizzes.
Respondus will be offering many instructor trainings on LockDown Browser and Monitor, you can sign up here: https://respondus.com/webinars
Steps to add to your quiz:
- Create a Classic Quiz in your Canvas course (New quizzes do NOT currently work with LockDown Browser).
- From the Course Navigation in Canvas, select Resondus LockDown Browser.
- If this is the first time selecting it, you will need to authorize the app.
- The next page will have resources. At the bottom right click Continue to LockDown Browser.
- A list of Classic quizzes in the course will be displayed.
- Click the arrow to the left of the quiz title and select Settings.
- After you select Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam additional settings will be available.
Monitor Webcam Settings
- Select Require Respondus Monitor for this exam.
- Select the startup sequence items you will require for your quiz.
- Select any additional Facial Detection Options or Advanced Settings.
- When you save, the quiz will have Requires Respondus LockDown Browser + webcam added to the title.
Tips & Tricks
- All students need webcams to complete an assessment with Monitor
- Respondus LockDown Browser can only be used with Classic Quizzes.
- Students have a one-time installation of LockDown Browser, they will download this directly from the quiz.
- There is a Help Center at the top of browser students can access if they are having difficulties during the quiz.
- If you need assistance with creating a quiz using LockDown browser email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are having browser issues or trouble taking quizzes, contact Respondus Technical support directly.
- https://web.respondus.com/privacy/privacy-additionalmonitor/ Please contact me at _________________ if you have additional questions about the procedure for taking on-line examinations in this course.
- Respondus Monitor resources: http://respondus.com/monitor
- Technical Support & Knowledge Base: https://support.respondus.com