Web Browser - Google Chrome - Remove Extensions
How to remove un-needed or malicious extensions from the Google Chrome web browser.
Do you need to remove an extension within your Google Chrome web browser because you believe that the extension may be malicious where it is causing unwanted pop-ups or website redirections? Or, do you just want to remove an extension from Google Chrome in general? Here are the directions of how to remove or uninstall an extension in Google Chrome:
- These instructions are from Google Support's article called "Install and manage extensions."
- You may also want to run a virus scan before and/or after removing the extensions that you believe to be malicious.
- If you are using a UWL-owned computer, then use the pre-installed software called "Cisco AMP" to run a scan.
- If you are using a personal computer, then use your own antivirus/malware software or checkout our website for more information about virus/malware software: https://www.uwlax.edu/its/client-services-and-support/antivirus-malware-information/.
- Related Google Support articles and help: