Office 365 - Microsoft Teams - Give and Take Control of Shared Content
Information about how to give and take control of shared content within Teams.
*Note: You will first need to share your screen within Teams before trying to give and/or take control of the shared screen or content. Check out the KB article called "Office 365 - Microsoft Teams - Share Your Screen/Content" or the Microsoft Support article where this information is from called "Share content in a meeting in Teams" for further assistance with sharing your screen or content while using Teams.
If you want another meeting participant to change a file, help you present, or demonstrate something, you can give control to that person. You will both be in control of the sharing, and you can take back control anytime.
*Note: When you’re sharing an app, only give control to people you trust. People you give control to may send commands that could affect your system or other apps. We've taken steps to prevent this but haven't tested every possible system customization.
- On the sharing toolbar, select Give control.
- Select the name of the person you want to give control to.
- Teams sends a notification to that person to let them know you’re sharing control. While you’re sharing control, they can make selections, edits, and other modifications to the shared screen.
To take control while another person is sharing, select Request control. Then, the person sharing will approve or deny your request.
While you have control, you can make selections, edits, and other modifications to the shared screen.
When you’re done, select Release control to stop sharing control.
- For more information about the share content feature while using Teams for the desktop, then please check out Microsoft Support's article called "Share content in a meeting in Teams."
- For more information about the share content feature while using Teams for mobile, then please check out Microsoft Support's article called "Share content in a meeting in Teams - Mobile."