Remote Computer Access
This KB describes how to connect to a remote computer similar to what you would find in a computer classroom or at Murphy Library.
Step 1: Connect to the Cisco AnyConnect VPN
You must first install and connect to the UWL Cisco AnyConnect VPN before you will be able to gain remote access to a computer.
Windows and macOS:
Step 2: Install Microsoft Remote Desktop on your device
- Microsoft Remote Desktop is already installed. No additional software is required.
- Download and install Microsoft Remote Desktop from the mac App Store
- Download and install Microsoft Remote Desktop from the App Store
- Download and install Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Google Play Store
Step 3: Connect to a lab computer
Select an available computer using the button above.
- Click the Connect button. A connect window will pop-up. Click the Download button.
- Open the file that was downloaded. You may be prompted with a security warning. Click Continue.
- When asked for your credentials, click more choices, and then click Use a different account. (You will not need to click more choices on Mac)
- In the user name field, type EAGLE\ followed by your NetID (For example, EAGLE\jjones100), and then type your password in the next field.
- You will be prompted with another security warning. Click Yes. (Click Continue on Mac).