HR employee resources - Reporting leave usage
Information for employees on how to report leave usage
Every Faculty, Academic Staff and Limited appointee in a leave-eligible position is required to submit a leave report on a monthly basis, whether or not leave is used. Please note that paid leave cannot be used during times that you are not engaged for work. Reporting should be completed electronically using Employee Self-Service (ESS). Full time employees (100% FTE) will report leave in full day and half day increments. Absences between two and six hours should be reported as a half-day. Absences equal to or greater than six hours should be reported as a full day. Less than full time employees report absences in 15 minute increments.
Please use these instruction guides for leave report entry:
- Monthly leave reporting
- Report leave and no leave taken
- Edit/cancel an absence
- View absence balances
- View absence request history
- Summer leave reporting (9-month faculty and staff only)
For further information on reporting paid leave, contact email@example.com or 608.785.8013.
- UW Shared Services Time and Absence Help: https://uwservice.wisconsin.edu/help/time-absence/
- UW Shared Services Payroll Help: https://uwservice.wisconsin.edu/help/payroll/
- UW Shared Services Benefits Help: https://uwservice.wisconsin.edu/help/benefits/
- The Office of Human Resources will maintain this policy.
- MyUW Portal Knoweldgebase: https://kb.wisc.edu/myuwsystem/