[COVID-19] HR employee FAQ - Tips for working remotely
This resources provides tips and links to resources for employees to use when working remotely.
Procedures for remote work may be found in the Telecommuting Guidelines, through UW System Administration.
UWL ITS Tools for Video Conferencing
Working Remotely Tips from LinkedIn Learning
(From ITS COVID-19 Updates)
Almost overnight, remote work has become mainstream. Companies around the world are encouraging their employees to work from home to prioritize the health and safety of their workforce and communities amid coronavirus. Working through this rapid change can be hard and we’re moving quickly to help members get the information they can trust, stay connected to their community and learn how to be more productive and successful in their jobs. LinkedIn Learning Free Resources.
LawRoom Professional Development
Managers: for employees who are working from home, LawRoom does provide remote training opportunities. Check out the Course Offerings and let HR know if you would like to have a course deployed to your employees.
Guidelines for Telecommuting
Procedures for remote work may be found in the Telecommuting Guidelines, through UW System Administration. Here also is a memo from President Cross on his suggestions for telecommuting for the UW System workforce.
Working Remotely Safely (In CyberSpace)
We know that working from home can be new to some of you, perhaps overwhelming as you adjust to your new environment. One of our goals is to enable you to work as securely as possible from home. At this link are five simple steps to working securely. The best part is all of these steps not only help secure your work, but they will make you and your family far safer as you create a cyber secure home.
Tips for Proper Ergonomics for Remote Working
Click here for UW-Madison tips for proper ergonomic working conditions at home.
- UW La-Crosse COVID-19 Updates and Alerts: https://www.uwlax.edu/info/covid-19/
- UW-La Crosse Instructors Information: https://www.uwlax.edu/academic-affairs/covid-19/spring-2020/
- CDC health and safety guidelines: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
- UW-La Crosse Facilities Planning and Management COVID-19 Face Masks & Disinfecting Supplies Information: https://www.uwlax.edu/fpm/covid-19-supplies/
- COVID-19 Supplies Ordering Request: https://iservicedesk.uwlax.edu/
- UW System Administration FAQ on COVID-19: https://www.wisconsin.edu/coronavirus/frequently-asked-questions/
- UW System COVID-19 Policy Resources: https://www.wisconsin.edu/uw-policies/coronavirus-covid-19-policy-resources/
- UW-La Crosse Guidlines for COVID-19 Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Work Area: https://www.uwlax.edu/globalassets/offices-services/fpm/uwl-cleaning--disinfecting-your-work-space.pdf
- UW-La Crosse Custodial COVID-19 Services: https://www.uwlax.edu/globalassets/offices-services/fpm/uwl-custodial-services-covid-19.pdf
- UW-La Crosse Information Technology Services, Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Tech Equipment: https://kb.uwlax.edu/103165
- UW-La Crosse Return to Work Online Training Module: https://uwlac.instructure.com/enroll/7WYNBD