HR employee resources - Verification of employment
Information for lenders and employees on how to obtain information to verify employment.
The University of Wisconsin System uses The Work Number® to provide automated employment and income verifications on our employees.
The Work Number is a fast and secure way to provide proof of your employment or income—a necessary step in many of today’s life events involving credit, financing, or securing of non-university benefits or services. The Work Number simplifies the verification process and accelerates credit decisions through an online system available to verifiers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. More than 200,000 credentialed verifiers rely on The Work Number for rapid access to information critical to their decision process, and over 2,900 employers nationwide have entrusted The Work Number to provide this important service on behalf of their employees.
Contact The Work Number
A note to commercial lenders:
The University of Wisconsin System requires that commercial lenders use The Work Number to access employment-related data on employees. The UW System updates the data in this system three times a week.
If a commercial lender does not believe the information provided by The Work Number is accurate, they must fax UWL HR at 608.785.8525 with the following information.
- Employee release
- The Work Number data the lender was able to obtain
- Written direction as to what the lender believes to be inaccurate
All requests to UWL HR take between 3-5 days for processing.
- UW System Information on The Work Number: https://uwservice.wisconsin.edu/voe/employee/
- The Office of Human Resources will maintain this information.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program: https://www.uwlax.edu/human-resources/public-service-loan-forgiveness-program/