HR employee resources - Overloads for new or former UWL employees

This resource provides information on new or former faculty and academic staff overload payments

You are viewing additional payment policies for new or former UWL employees.  Use the following links for: 

In most cases, new or former employees should be hired through the recruitment process using People Admin.

For new and returning employees, it is our obligation to pay using a salary and FTE rather than by lump sum payment. It is generally permissible to pay a lump sum payment when the duration of the assignment is less than one month, longer term assignments should be made using a salary and FTE. HR can help determine the appropriate payment type and should be consulted to approve lump sum payments to part-time employee.

If a direct hire is being made in lieu of a recruitment, complete an employee action form (EAF).

Employee action form

 If a lump sum payment is approved, complete a lump sum payment form in addition to the EAF. 

Lump sum payment request form

Keywordsfaculty and academic staff, overload, additional payments   Doc ID104306
OwnerKayle S.GroupUW-La Crosse
Created2020-07-23 20:19 CDTUpdated2020-07-24 07:32 CDT
SitesUW-La Crosse
Feedback  0   0