Canvas- How do I limit users to interact only with their section?
When you cross-list (combine) multiple sections in Canvas, students have the ability to see information about students in all sections combined. Therefore, instructors who combine multiple sections should follow the instructions below in order to reduce potential FERPA concerns. Courses combined in WINGS come into Canvas already combined and do not present a FERPA concern.
Limit Users to interact only with their section
- Navigate to the People tab in your Canvas course.
- Navigate to the students details page. By one of the below options:
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and look under Memberships.
- On the Privileges section, you will click on limit this user to only see fellow section users.
- After you click on limit, the wording will change to let this user see all course users. If you would need to change the limit setting, you would click on that.
-Click on the name of the student to open a side panel. Click on the students name again to get to their detail page
-Right click on the students name and open in a new tab. This will navigate right to the details page.
-Middle click on the students name to open in a new tab.