Zoom Support - FAQs
A definition of Zoom and help support links.
What is Zoom?
Zoom helps businesses and organizations bring their teams together in a frictionless environment to get more done. It is an easy, reliable cloud platform for video, voice, content sharing, and chat runs across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems. Zoom is publicly traded on Nasdaq (ZM) and headquartered in San Jose, California (https://zoom.us/about).
- Getting started with Zoom
- Scheduling a meeting
- Joining a meeting
- *Note: You do not need a Zoom account in order to join a meeting. Only the person hosting will need to use their Zoom account.
- Zoom webinars
- Meeting and webinar features
- My Zoom account
- Your Zoom account is managed by UWL. Sign in using your UWL email address and current password at https://uwlax-edu.zoom.us/.
- Need more more information about how to sign into your Zoom account? Then check out this KB article: Zoom - How do I sign in?
More Useful Information from Zoom Support
- Faculty and staff using a UWL-owned computer/device can download the Zoom client via the Software Center (UWL-owned PC) or via Self Service (UWL-owned Mac).
- Or UWL staff and students can download the Zoom client here: https://uwlax-edu.zoom.us/.
- *Note: If you do not have the Zoom client downloaded yet and you try to join a meeting, then you will also be prompted to download the client as well.
Related KB articles
- Webcam and Microphone Troubleshooting Tips
- Video Technology Tools for Teaching & Learning
- Zoom - How do I sign in?
- Zoom - Breakout Rooms
- Zoom - Screen Sharing
- Zoom - Virtual Background
- Zoom - Using Closed Captioning
- Zoom - Upcoming Meeting Reminders
- Zoom - Waiting Room
- Zoom - Replying and Managing Chat Messages