Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I enable Zoom?
Zoom, a web conferencing tool that supports web-based video, audio and chat, has now been integrated into Canvas, making it easier for faculty to hold class sessions online.
If you enable Zoom in your course, you will want to disable Collaborate Ultra. (This is recommended so students will know where you expect them to join meetings; there may be cases you want both enabled).
Creating meetings in Canvas:
After you have enabled in your course navigation:
- If it's the first time logging into Zoom you will have to activate your account; you will get an email to activate. Then refresh your page in Canvas to start scheduling meetings.
- Or start scheduling meetings.
- Zoom Article: How do I share my computer screen?
- Zoom Article: How do I create breakout rooms? *preassigned
breakout groups cannot be created through the Canvas integration, but you
can always add meeting link to your course.
- Zoom Article: How do I record my sessions?