SPSS for Students - Installation Instructions for macOS - Version 28
This document covers how to install SPSS on macOS.
- This is for Students only, Faculty and Staff please use Self Service to install SPSS.
- System Requirements (Mac): SPSS-28-Compatibility-Report.pdf
1. Please select the SPSS License Form button and fill out the required information. Copy the authorization code on the page for later use.
2. Then, select the macOS Download button and Download the file to your computer.
3. Navigate to your downloads folder or the downloads list in Safari.
4. Double click on the installation package called "SSC_28.00.00_MacOS.pkg."
5. Click Continue.
6. Select the desired language and click Continue.
7. Click Agree.
8. Click Install.
9. Input your Mac password if prompted and click Install Software.
10. Wait for the installation to finish. This could take several minutes.
11. After the install is finished click Close and then Move to Trash.
12. Open up the SPSS Statistics application on your Mac.
13. Select Launch License Wizard under "Activate with an authorization code or the License Manager Server."
14. A box labeled as "License Status" should come up like the one below. Click Next.
15. Select "Authorized user license" and then click Next.
16. Input the code from step 1 and click Add.
17. Click Next.
18. A box should come up that says "Successfully processed all codes." Click Next.
19. Click Finish.
20. Open SPSS to make sure it opens successfully.