Topics Map > CATL > Canvas
Canvas - How do I link a video in a discussion reply?
When responding to a discussion in Canvas, you can link videos from external tools, add an URL link, embed the video right into your reply, or upload a media file to an assignment. These instructions can also be used for adding a video to pages or any other place with the Rich Content Editor.
To begin your reply, select the discussion. Click the discussion title and click the reply box.
This will open the Rich Content Editor in the reply box.
Using the Rich Content Editor to link videos
- Add URL video link
- Click on the Link to URL icon
- Paste the URL in the text box
- Click the insert link button.
- Link videos from the resources available in Canvas (resources include: YouTube, Vimeo, TEDEd, MyMedia (your content), and Films on Demand).
- Select the V (more external tools) icon.
- After you select the resource you want to add the video from you will enter your search criteria.
- When you find a video you would like to use, click on the Embed button next to it.