VDI - Microsoft Azure Lab
This will walk you through the Azure Lab process and get you set up with the virtual machine for your class/lab.
Prerequisites - You will need Microsoft Remote Desktop to use Microsoft Azure Labs:
Links for macOS - Microsoft Remote Desktop - App Store or Microsoft Remote Desktop - Direct Link
1) You will receive an email from Microsft Azure with a link to register for the lab. Click the link in the email.
2) Sign in with your UWL email address and password. Once logged in you will be registered for the lab and brought to the Azure Lab Services dashboard.
3) Here you will see the virtual machines you have access to. To get started, click the slider next to Stopped to start your virtual machine. This will take a few minutes to start up.
4) Once the virtual machine is started, click on the Connect icon to start a remote connection to the virtual machine.
5) You will then be prompted to download the connection file. Select the location where you want to save the file and click Save
6) Find the file that was downloaded and double click on it. If you obtained the prerequisites at the beginning of this document, it should automatically open up Microsoft Remote Desktop. You will then see a security warning, click Continue.
7) You will then be prompted for a password. The username should already be pre-populated. This password will come from your instructor, it is not tied to your NetID. Click Continue.'
8) You will now be logged into your Windows Virtual Machine
9) When you are finished, please make sure to Shut Down the Virtual Machine
9) Then go back to the Azure Lab Services dashboard and toggle the Running to Stop. You will also notice there is a meter to show how much time you have left with the virtual machine. Leaving it on will use up your allotted time.