UWL-Owned Faculty/Staff Computers - Locating the Software Center (PC) or Self Service (Mac) Applications
Information about how to locate the pre-installed app(s) called the "Software Center" (PC) or "Self Service" on your UWL-owned computer (PC or Mac) for UWL-related software installations.
- Software Center is a pre-installed application only available on UWL-owned PC/Windows computers for faculty/staff to use in order to install specific software provided by UWL ITS.
- Self Service is a pre-installed application only available on UWL-owned Macs for faculty/staff to use in order to install specific software provided by UWL ITS.
- In order to access the Software Center or Self Service on your UWL-owned computer, then you must be connected to our network either by being connected to our UWL-Eagle WiFi/Internet while on campus or by being connected to the pre-installed VPN application called "Cisco Any Connect" while off-campus.
1. You can locate the Software Center application on your UWL-owned PC by searching for "Software Center" with your computer's main search bar found at the bottom left of your screen, which is also next to the Starticon.
Or locate it via the "File Explorer" location:
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Endpoint Manager\Configuration Manager
2. Once you have located the Software Center application, then click it open and select the software that you want to install onto your UWL-PC.
- *Note: There may be more and/or different applications to install from the Software Center than what is appearing in the screenshot example below.
1. You can locate the Self Service application on your UWL-owned Mac by searching for it within the Launchpad.
Or you can locate it via Finder under Applications.
2. Once you have located the Self Service application, then open it and sign in using your NetID and current password.
*Note: If you check the box next to "Remember Me," then the next time you try to open up the Self Service application, then it should just auto-log you in without you needing to enter in your login credentials.
3. Afterwards, select the software that you want to install onto your UWL-Mac.
- *Note: There may be more and/or different applications to install from Self Service than what is appearing in the screenshot example below