Navigate: Issuing an adhoc alert
How to enter an adhoc alert for a student in Navigate.
Instructors and other university staff have the ability to enter an alert on any student at any point in the semester.
1) Using the quick search bar at the top of your Navigate home screen, search for the student you wish to enter an alert for. You may search by Name, Email address, or ID number.
You will then be brought to the student's profile page. On the right hand side of the page, under "Current Alerts" find the Issue an Alert link.
A new dialogue box will open
2) Select from pre-determined alert reasons.
3) If the alert is specifically associated with a course, you have the option to include the course, which is prepopulated with the student's currently enrolled courses.
4) You then can provide additional comments about the reason you are submitting the alert. Students have the ability to view comments entered, so please keep this in mind.
5) Click Submit to submit your alert.
The Navigate Student Success Team will review alerts entered throughout the semester and connect students with resources as appropriate.