Navigate: Issuing an adhoc alert
How to enter an adhoc alert for a student in Navigate.
Instructors and other university staff have the ability to enter an alert on any student at any point in the semester.
1) Search for the student you wish to enter an alert for by using the Quick Search toolbar at the top of the page. You may search by Name, Email address, or ID number. You may also use your advisee list on your Staff Home page to find a student assigned to you, or your class roster on your Professor Home. (Navigate: Staff Home Overview)
You will then be brought to the student's profile page. On the right hand side of the page, under "Current Alerts" find the Issue an Alert link.
When you click the link, the Issue an Alert dialogue box will open.
2) Select from pre-determined alert reasons.
3) If the alert is specifically associated with a course, you have the option to include the course, which is prepopulated with the student's currently enrolled courses.
4) You then can provide additional comments about the reason you are submitting the alert. Students do not have direct access to the comments left in an adhoc alert, but any comments entered are part of a student's educational record.
5) Click Submit to submit your alert.
The Navigate Student Success Team will review alerts entered throughout the semester and connect students with resources as appropriate.