Navigate: Issuing an adhoc alert
How to enter an adhoc alert for a student in Navigate.
Instructors and other university staff have the ability to enter an alert on any student at any point in the semester.
1) Search for the student you wish to enter an alert for by using the Quick Search toolbar at the top of the page. You may search by Name, Email address, or ID number. You may also use your advisee list on your Staff Home page to find a student assigned to you, or your class roster on your Professor Home. (Navigate: Staff Home Overview)
You will then be brought to the student's profile page. On the right hand side of the page, under "Current Alerts" find the Issue an Alert link.
When you click the link, the Issue an Alert dialogue box will open.
2) Select from pre-determined alert reasons.
3) If the alert is specifically associated with a course, you have the option to include the course, which is prepopulated with the student's currently enrolled courses.
4) You can then provide additional comments about the reason you are submitting the alert. Students do not have direct access to the comments left in an ad hoc alert, but can request them as part of their educational record. (Students do have access to comments left in PRO@UWL Feedback: Navigate: PRO@UWL Early Alerts) Please provide comments related to your observations about the student's academic performance in their classes; personal details, including health information, should not be included. Please see examples below:
Here are appropriate comment examples
Here are inappropriate comment examples
|Luke has missed several classes this semester due to personal concerns.|
Luke has missed several classes this semester due to migraines.
Sadie has reported that she has personal concerns this semester that are affecting the quality of her work.
Sadie is very depressed and is not completing her work to the degree necessary for this course.
Jon has missed several classes and an exam this semester.
Jon is not prioritizing his classwork this semester and has missed several classes and an exam.
5) Click Submit to submit your alert.
The Navigate Student Success Team will review alerts entered throughout the semester and connect students with resources as appropriate: Navigate: Overview of Alerts and Progress Reports