Navigate: PRO@UWL Early Alerts
How to leave alerts for your students as part of the PRO@UWL early alert process.
During the fifth week of each semester, UWL sends out an email to instructors requesting feedback on their students during the semester. The aim of PRO@UWL is to identify students that are in need of additional support and connect them with resources to help them be successful.
Not all courses will be included in PRO@UWL each semester. Instructors whose courses are not included in PRO or those who want to enter an alert for their students outside of the PRO@UWL campaign, can always enter an adhoc alert (Navigate: Issuing an adhoc alert) at any point in the semester.
1) On the first day of the PRO@UWL campaign, you will receive an email to your UWL email address. In this message, look for the link "Click to begin entering student feedback."
2) The link will bring you to a page with your course list. Here you will be able to enter any alerts for your students.
3) As you go through your list, to identify the students that you have concern for. Under "Concern regarding student's academic progress?" select the YES radio button. Then, select from the alert reasons from the drop down menu. You may choose more than one.
Alert reasons include:
- At risk of D/F (if current trajectory is unaltered)
- Lack of course engagement (absences, missing coursework)
- Refer to tutoring
- Nonacademic concern: Include relevant information in comment
- Other: please provide relevant information in comment