Cost Transfer Tool - Creating Salary Cost Transfers
This article outlines the process for creating salary cost transfers in the Cost Transfer Tool.
The following steps will walk you through creating a non-salary cost Transfer in the Cost Transfer Tool:
Salary Cost Transfers
1. Log into the Cost Transfer Tool here: https://ct.sfs.services.wisc.edu/.
2. Click on the "Create Salary Transfer" button on the left navigation bar:
3. The next screen will bring up the Salary Cost Transfer Detail page. Details should be clear and concise so reviewers/approvers can understand the reason for the transfer. The Urgent flag is used to indicate an important deadline (e.g. award closeout or fiscal year-end) and will move the transfer to the beginning of the queue for the approvers or “routed to” persons. For Salary Cost Transfers, there must be an employee selected at the transfer details panel. Enter employee last name to get a drop-down list of employees. For common last names, leave a space and continue typing the first name to narrow the list. After selecting the correct employee and job, click the “Create” button.
4. Clicking on “Create” takes you to the Salary Cost Transfer details screen. A unique transfer number is assigned for the transfer, and other basic information is displayed in the heading. In order to start the transfer, click on “Add a pay period” to search for specific payroll transactions in WISER.
5. Next, you will need to enter a date range to search for payments for an employee. The default date range is the current fiscal year:
6. Check the box in the "Select" column to select payments to be transferred and press "Done" when complete:
7. This creates the transfer sets that can be modified to move an expense to a different funding string:
8. There are some additional functions that can be accessed in the far right column:
View more detail - additional WISER fields are displayed.
Copy to all - the funding string is copied to all "To" lines.
Split - Add a "To" line to split a "From" line.
Delete - remove the line. This is only available when you have multiple “To” lines for one pay period.
9. Once finished entering the details of the transfer, click "Save", "Check for Errors", and "Submit for Approval"
10. "Check for Errors" and "Submit for Approval" will validate the funding strings. If there are errors, they will show in red:
11. If there are errors, you must update the funding strings before the transfer can be submitted. Once the transfer has been successfully submitted, you can track its approval route on the "Approvals" tab:
12. Clicking the "Who can sign?" link will provide a list of individuals that can approve the transfer:
13. The "History" tab provides additional details about the transfer as it goes through the approval process: