How do I uninstall or remove applications from my computers and/or mobile devices?
General information about how to uninstall or remove applications from most common computers and/or mobile devices.
Need some more information about how to uninstall or remove applications from your computers and/or mobile devices? This is because sometimes you need to remove unused or unwanted applications, or you are simply trying to upgrade to a newer version of an application or you need to troubleshoot an application by uninstalling or removing it first.
Check out the support links below for some general information about how to uninstall or remove applications from most common devices and/or operating systems:
- Apple Support - Mac OS (Macbooks and iMacs): How to delete apps on your Mac
- Apple Support - iOS (iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches): Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Microsoft Support - Windows 10 (or PC computers): Uninstall or remove apps and programs in Windows 10
- Google Support - Android OS (Mobile Phones, Tablets and Chromebooks): Delete or disable apps on Android
- *Note: There are many makes and models of Android mobile phones and devices, so the steps and/or interface may be different for each one, so you may want to search for more information about how to uninstall and/or remove applications from your specific Android mobile device instead.
*Note for UWL Faculty and Staff Only (UWL-owned computers): You may need to use the pre-installed application called "Admin by Request" (PC) or "Administrator Access" (Mac) to request admin rights before uninstalling or removing applications off of your UWL-owned PCs or UWL-owned Macs.