Business Services Policy - Alcohol Purchases
The purpose of this policy is to provide additional guidance regarding the purchase and payment of alcohol in support of the campus Alcohol Policies administered by the Director of University Centers.
|Functional Owner||Procurement Director|
|Executive Sponsors||Vice Chancellor for Administration & Finance|
|Policy Contact||Assistant Controller|
The purchase of alcohol with University administered funds is strictly prohibited except in the following instances:
- purchases made by Dining Services for resale.
- purchases of alcohol for UW (University of Wisconsin) sponsored meetings and conferences when wine or beer is served with dinner and included with the conference fee.
Alcohol may not be purchased for receptions. Student activity fees may not be used to purchase alcohol.
Per University Centers’ Alcohol Policies, alcohol service is available only to University students, staff,
faculty, and their invited guests and non-University groups during University sponsored conferences
and meetings held on campus.
The University Food Service is the sole licensed vendor of beverage alcohol on campus.
- UW-L University Centers – Alcohol Policies: https://www.uwlax.edu/globalassets/officesservices/university-centers/alcohol-policy.pdf
- UWSA Meeting Guide – Food & Beverage: https://businessservices.wisc.edu/documents/330- business-meals/
- UWSA UW Sponsored Events Policy (Events attended primarily by the general public): https://www.wisconsin.edu/uw-policies/uw-system-administrative-policies/headquarter-city-uwsystem-sponsored-events-policy/