UWL-ITS Support Services for Personal Computing Devices
The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse - Information Technology Services department (UWL-ITS) is pleased to provide support services for UWL student, faculty, and staff’s personal computing devices, including hardware (computers, tablets, and smartphones, along with associated peripherals such as monitors, keyboards, mice, and cables) and software (operating systems, device drivers, applications, and related software).
The Chief Information Officer (or other designee) reserves the right to determine that certain items are beyond the scope of UWL-ITS’s services as well as refuse service at any time.
By providing personal computing devices to UWL-ITS, you:
- Authorize UWL-ITS to perform work on the devices.
- Acknowledge that although UWL-ITS employees have been trained to perform computer hardware and software work, UWL-ITS is not an authorized service dealer.
- Acknowledge that technical support rendered by UWL-ITS may void manufacturer warranties for particular devices and that in providing support services, UWL and its employees do not assume any warranty or liability in the event that the manufacturer warranties are voided.
- Acknowledge that UWL and its employees offer no verbal or written warranty, either express or implied, regarding the success of the technical service and support.
- Acknowledge that support services are not guaranteed to succeed and may result in malfunction of certain programs or functions of personal computing devices through no fault of UWL-ITS personnel.
- Acknowledge that UWL-ITS will strive to prevent any damage or loss of data (personal data in the form of audio, video, images, or text) during our efforts to resolve the reported problem.
- Acknowledge and understand that under Wisconsin law, UWL, UWL-ITS, and its employees are not ordinarily responsible or liable for damages, loss of data, or other adverse hardware or software related issues that may occur while providing support services.
Finally, by providing personal computing devices to UWL-ITS, you acknowledge and represent that you have read and understood the content of the foregoing notice.