Moving Media from Mediasite to Kaltura (My Media)
This KB will guide you through downloading videos from Mediasite and uploading them into Kaltura (My Media).
- Log into Mediasite.
- Select the video you want to download.
- In the right column, scroll down to locate Download to Computer (after SECURITY).
- Select Download to Computer.
- A pop-up will appear Download Presentation Content. Select Download Media Package. This download will have multiple components including video, slides, etc.
- After the file has downloaded, locate it on your computer. It will be a zip file, unzip and open it.
- Open the Content folder.
- Find the MP4 and watch to make sure it includes slides, camera, etc. vs. only the camera/audio – no slides or vice versa.
- If all the video components are not included in the MP4, follow the next steps to create Vodcast download.
- If the video is good, skip to uploading to Kaltura (My Media).
- In Mediasite, make sure you are still on the video presentation page.
- In the right column, locate and select Edit Details.
- Under the video, select the Delivery tab.
- Check the fourth option Vodcast.
- A pop-up will appear, select 1.5 all Streams Responsive.
- This operation will take a few minutes to process. But once complete follow steps 2-5 again, downloading video from Mediasite.
- After step five where you are on the Download Presentation Content pop-up, select Download Vodcast.
- Go to mediaspace.wisconsin.edu (videos can be added through the My Media link in Canvas as well).
- Select Guest -> Login in the top right corner of the screen.
- After you are logged in, select Add New -> Media Upload in the top right of the screen.
- Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Begin uploading video files.