Mapping a Network Drive on a PC (Faculty and Staff)
Instructions for mapping a network drive on a PC (for UWL faculty and staff).
Drives you may have access to:
- N Drive - Department Network Folder: \\departmentFS\deptfilecabinet
- O Drive - OLFCabinet (collaborative space): \\uwlstore\olfcabinet
- U Drive - Your Personnel Network Folder: \\FilePVS01\personnel\YOUR_NetID
Accessing from on-campus (from a UWL owned computer)
The previously listed drives should automatically map on your computer if you are connected to the UWL wired network or the EagleNet wireless network, and then log onto your computer with your current NetID credentials. If the drives did not map automatically then log off/on or restart your computer.
Accessing from off-campus
Non-UWL Owned Computer:
UWL Owned Computer:
- Connect to the internet.
- Open the Cisco Mobility Client and connect to vpn.uwlax.edu with your NetID credentials (contact the Eagle Help Desk if you do not have this).
- Download and run the attached Map Network Drives.bat. You should save the downloaded file to your desktop or another convenient location for future use when off campus so you do not need to download it again. Note: You must be logged onto your computer with your current NetID credentials for the app to work.
Drives not mapping (or Map Network Drives.app not working on a UWL owned computer)
- Click Start > right click Computer > Map a Network Drive.
- Select a letter to represent the drive then enter the address (as listed above).
- If different credentials are required, check Connect using different credentials (you will be prompted accordingly). The format is eagle\NetID.
- If you would like the drive to be mapped permanently, place a check by Reconnect at logon; otherwise, leave unchecked.
- Click Finish. The drive should connect and a new window will appear with the contents of the mapped drive. If this does not occur you should be prompted to enter the correct NetID and password or you will need to verify the information you entered is correct.