Installing University Software - UWL Computer (Mac)
Installing University software on a UWL owned Mac
You will want to enroll your Mac in the Self Service program. You will need to be on campus or connected through VPN to complete this process.
- Check your Mac Applications for "Self Service" If you have it then you are already enrolled. Launch the Self Service application, browse the software library and install what you would like. Don't have it? No problem. Proceed to step 2.
- Visit mac.uwlax.edu/enroll and log in with your UWL NetID and password.
- Download the QuickAdd.pkg file when prompted.
- Locate QuickAdd.pkg in your Downloads folder and double click it to start the installation. Please note: the security setting on your Mac may prevent running QuickAdd.pkg. If you receive a security error hold down the Control-key and click QuickAdd.pkg. Choose Open from the shortcut menu. More information can be found at support.apple.com/kb/PH14370.
- Once the installation completes. Find "Self Service" in your Mac Applications and launch it. You will now be able to browse the software available for your Mac and install what you like.