Office 365 - accounts (Student)
Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for Students
Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for Students allows students to download, install, and use Microsoft Office at no cost. To take advantage of this service, follow these steps:
- Please go to https://www.office.com/ and select Sign in.
- Enter your UWL email address and select Next. Please note you will be redirected to UWL's login screen.
- When prompted, enter your UWL password, and select Sign in. If you have forgotten or need to reset your UWL password, visit www.uwlax.edu/password.
- You are now viewing the Office 365 home page.
- In the upper-right corner, select Install Office, and choose Office 365 apps. Please choose Other install options if you want to install a different language, the 64-bit version or manage your subscriptions.
- When prompted, select Save File.
- Run the file.
- Office 365 ProPlus for Students is now being installed.
- When launching the software for the first time, you will be asked to log in to activate Microsoft Office. Use your UWL email address and password to activate Office.
Some information to be aware of when using Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for Students.
- Students will be able to download and install Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for Students on up to five personal devices.
- The software is available for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and other mobile operating systems.
- The features of Office 365 ProPlus for Students mirror the same Microsoft Office currently available on campus.
- Devices must check-in with Microsoft at least once every 30 days to retain their activation for Office.
- Students will lose access to the free software once they discontinue enrollment at UWL. They may purchase a subscription to Microsoft Office if they would like to continue to have access to the software after leaving UWL.