D2L - adding course content
How to Access Desire2Learn
- On your computer, open a browser, such as Firefox, Chrome, or Safari
- Go to www.uwlax.edu
- Use the Quicklinks dropdown menu and select (single click) "D2L"
- Single click to select "NETID" to log in
- Enter your User ID and password (same as email login)
- After you log in, you will be on the "My Home" page with your list of courses on the right side of the page.
How to Add Files to Content
Step 1: Access the Content Area
- Select (single click) the course to which you want to add files
- Select (single click) on Content in the navigation bar (upper left under the UW-La Crosse logo)
Step 2: Create the modules/headers where you will add your files
- Select (single click) "Add a module..." on the left side of the screen and type in the name of the header (module) under which the files will be organized. (Note: In D2L, you must create a module in order to add topics (files, links, or activities) that students can view. This creates a hierarchical structure to organize your content.)
- Click the "Enter" key on your keyboard to see the module you have just created.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to create the folders/headers needed to organize the files in your course
Step 3: Add Your Files
- Click on the name of the module you would like to add a topic to in the left column.
- Click on the New dropdown menu and select Upload Files from the list [Or] Open your file location folder on your desktop screen, then select and drag your file(s) into the module
- After you have uploaded the file, you may notice that the title of the item in the content area is the same as the file name.
- Edit the properties of the content item to change the title.