Wireless: My Device Portal
UWL now uses an encryption standard WPA2 Enterprise that on many devices will not connect using traditional methods (such as XBOX, Playstation, Roku, etc.). In order to connect these devices through the wireless network, please follow the instructions below.
Using the My Device portal to register your personal devices to use with on UWL's wireless network.
- Do not connect smartphones, tablets, iPads, computers or laptops to the My Device Portal or you will not be able to access any UWL websites. Those devices can be connected to UWL-Eagle using your NetID and password.
- There is a limit of 5 devices per user.
- Sign in to the UWL My Devices Portal with your NetID and password (https://mydevices.uwlax.edu)
- Read the "Acceptable use policy" then scroll down and hit "Accept"
- Select "Add"
- Add the Device Name and the MAC address and click the "Submit" button
* Note* The device may show as "Not Registered", this does not prevent the device from connecting to the wireless network.
- Return to the device and connect to the UWL-Guest network. It may take up to 2 minutes after adding your device before you have internet access
- If you are still having issues connecting, please restart the device and try again.
If you have problems locating the MAC address of your device see the below link with instructions on how to find the MAC on common devices.
These are the devices that have known issues with the My Devices:
- Wireless printers