Topics Map > Client Services
Topics Map > Networking & System Admin
Wireless: My Device Portal
Using the My Device portal to register your personal devices to use with on UWL's wireless network.
UWL now uses an encryption standard WPA2 Enterprise that on many devices will not connect using traditional methods (such as XBOX, Playstation, Roku, etc.). In order to connect these devices through the wireless network, please follow the instructions below.
- Do not connect smartphones, tablets, iPads, computers or laptops to the My Device Portal or you will not be able to access any UWL websites. Those devices can be connected to UWL-Eagle using your NetID and password.
- There is a limit of 5 devices per user.
- Sign in to the UWL My Devices Portal with your NetID and password (https://mydevices.uwlax.edu)
- Read the "Acceptable use policy" then scroll down and hit "Accept"
- Select "Add"
- Add the Device Name and the MAC address and click the "Submit" button
- Return to the device and connect to the UWL-Guest network. It may take up to 2 minutes after adding your device before you have internet access
- If you are still having issues connecting, please restart the device and try again.
- Multicast devices
- Wireless printers