Wireless: Find the MAC address on common devices
Where do I find the MAC address?
- Go to the main menu and select "Settings"
- Select "General" then select "About"
- Look for "Wi-Fi Address"
- Press the A button on your remote to reach the Wii Menu
- Use the Wii Remote to select the "Wii" button
- Select "Wii Settings"
- Use the Arrow on the right side of the screen, scroll to page two and select "Internet"
- Select "Console Information"
- The MAC address will show at the top of the screen
Nintendo Wii U
- From the Wii U Menu, select "System Settings"
- Using the left stick select the "Internet" icon and press the A button
- Select "View MAC Address" and wait for moment for the MAC address to be displayed.
- In the XMB home menu go to Settings > System Settings and press the [X] button
- Scroll down until you see "System Information" and press the [X] button
- You will then see your MAC address
- Navigate to the "Settings" icon
- Select "System"
- Select "System Information"
- You will then see both MAC addresses listed (one for Wi-Fi and one for LAN cable)
- Navigate to "My Games & Apps"
- Select "Settings" then "All Settings"
- In the settings pane, select "Network" then "Network Settings"
- Select "Advanced Settings"
- You will see both wired and wireless MAC addresses listed.
- Navigate to My Xbox on the Xbox Dashboard
- Select System Settings
- Select Networking Settings
- Select Configure Network
- Go to Additional Settings
- Select Advanced Settings
- the MAC address for the wired and wireless adapters should then show.
- Go to Settings and hit OK
- Select "System" and hit OK
- Then select "About" and hit OK
- You should then see the MAC address of both the wireless and wired connection depending on the device
Amazon Fire TV / Stick
- From the Main Menu go to Settings
- Select "System"
- Then go to "About"
- Toggle down to Network
- Look for the MAC Address (Wi-Fi)
Smart TVs and other devices
Due to the large number of vendors for these devices we do not provide specific instructions. We do offer these suggestions:
- Look in the Settings menu on the device, either in the About or Networking portion if applicable.
- Look at the manufacture's website or documentation.
- Do a Google search, for example "how to find the mac address of vizio tv"