eWaste - Surplusing UWL computers and components

This article addresses the surplussing of computers and hardware components.

ITS handles surplus of all UWL owned eWaste. This includes items such as:

  • Computers
  • Keyboards & mice
  • Monitors - ($30 fee per CRT monitors is assessed)
  • Printers 
  • CD/DVD players
  • TV's
  • Essentially any item that contains a circuit board and is not a heating or cooling device

eWaste requests can be submitted by following below steps:

  1. Log into the ITS Self Service Site with your NetID and password.
  2. Choose the Request Type Technical Services > eWaste.
  3. Pay close attention to the instructions in the green instruction box then enter the eWaste into the Request Detail.
  4. Enter contact information.
  5. Select the Location and Room of the eWaste.
  6. Click the Save.

The Eagle Help Desk automatically receives the request and will follow-up via the provided contact information

Note: Non-eWaste (desks, cabinets, chairs, etc) should be submitted through the Campus Stores UWLSurplusForm.xls.

Keywords:surplus,obsolete,hardware,eWaste,computers   Doc ID:74764
Owner:Shawn F.Group:UW-La Crosse
Created:2017-07-24 15:00 CSTUpdated:2018-03-01 08:24 CST
Sites:UW-La Crosse
Feedback:  0   0