VOIP - Placing a call
Processes for dialing out from the VOIP phones
Placing an outgoing local call
- For off campus local calls, dial 7 + 7-digit number.
- Some of the local toll-free prefixes (cell phone prefixes in bold) include: La Crosse/Onalaska (317, 385, 386, 392, 397, 498, 519, 732, 769, 775, 779, 780, 781, 782, 783, 784, 785, 787, 788, 789, 790, 791, 792, 793, 796, 797, 799)
- West Salem (786)
- Holmen (526)
- Stoddard (457)
- Coon Valley (452)
- Chaseburg (483)
- La Crescent (895)
Place personal long distance, collect or credit card calls
These calls can be made by dialing 8 + 0 + the number or can be placed from a pay phone. Calls are never to be charged back to the university phone.
Placing international calls
To conduct international University business, use your department long distance calling card.
If the card cannot be located, please have the Office Associate contact the Eagle Help Desk.
Place a long distance call
- All long distance calls on university business are to be placed on the State Telephone System (STS) which provides direct dialing to all states at reduced rates.
- For off campus long distance calls (including 800), dial number 7 + 1 + 10-digit number (includes area code).
- No person-to-person calls can be made on STS, nor can STS calls be made from a non-Centrex phone. It is not allowed to place personal calls on STS.