Topics Map > Client Services
Topics Map > Networking & System Admin
RightFax FaxUtil - Create a New Fax (PC Only)
Guide to E-fax using RightFax FaxUtil
Create a New Fax via RightFax FaxUtil
RightFax FaxUtil can be used to create new faxes with a variety of attachments types and destination options.
- Click the New Fax button. This opens the Fax Information dialog box.
- In the Fax Information dialog box, add one fax recipients. REQUIRED: Fill in the Name: field, and Fax Number: (Note: UWL does not support Email or SMS options)
- On campus: Extension only
- Local: 7+<Faxnumber>
- Long Distance: 71+<area code+Faxnumber>
- Specify your cover sheet notes, and options, add attachments, and specify other sending preferences using the tabs.
- Click Send to send the fax.
A cover sheet is optional for every fax sent from RightFax. The cover sheet can contain additional notes intended for the recipient.
- In the Fax Information dialog box, go to the Main tab. Under the Options section in the Main tab, select the Use cover sheet option.
- Fill out the recipient’s information and go to the Cover Sheet Notes tab.
- Type the cover sheet notes in to the Notes to be Placed on the Cover Sheet box (up to 21 lines).
- Note: You can also use the “Comments for your Records” field to include information about the fax that will not appear on the cover sheet. This field becomes searchable content, in the event that you want to reference the fax to an event, such as a case number, invoice number or account name.
- Go to the More Options tab and select a cover sheet from the Cover Sheet File box. (Currently UWL has a single default cover sheet.)
Attach Library Documents
Library Documents are frequently used documents that can be added to faxes.
- In the Fax Information dialog box, go to the Attachments tab.
- To add an attachment from the Available Attachments library, click each library document required for this fax. The documents will be added to the end of the fax, in the order they are selected.
TIP: Click on the Paperclip to search for files on your computer to attach. Click on the File Folder icon to attached documents from a shared or personal file library. Click on the Scanner icon to pull documents that have been scanned. The attached document(s) will appear in the section with a description and location of the document. You can view each attachment by double-clicking on the file. You can delete a Selected Attachment by highlighting the attachment and clicking the delete button.